Our Purpose at Christian Praise Center
To be a multi-cultured church helping people find newness of life in Jesus Christ,
and to give people the foundation and the tools they need in order for their lives to glorify
God. Therefore they can be Christ's hands extended to our city and the world. Our beliefs are not worth much, unless they are translated into actions; based on what the Bible teaches.
1. The Bible as our sole authority.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine,
for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
17. That the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Since God's Word is the only completely reliable and truthful authority, we accept
the Bible as our manual for living. Our first question when faced with a decision is
"What does the Bible say?"
We must practice daily Bible reading, Bible study,
and Bible memorization, for the Bible is the basis for all that we believe.
2. The priesthood of every believer
1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people,
that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light
And has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever
and ever, Amen.
The Bible teaches that every Christian is called to "full time" Christian service,
regardless of his or her vocation. We practice the truth that every believer is a minister
by encouraging every member to find a place of service and ministry. Every believer has direct
access to God through prayer and Bible reading.
3. Water Baptism/Immersion
12. Buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith
in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses.
We practice baptism by immersion under water - the way Jesus was baptized, and the Bible commands.
4. Spirit-led living
"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit;
for without Me you can do nothing."
We believe the only way possible to live the Christian life is by God's power within us.
So we seek to practice a daily dependence on God's Spirit to enable us to do what is right.
5. Telling others about Christ
1 Peter 3:15-17
15. But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone
who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
16. having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your
good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
17. For it is better, if the will of God be so, that you suffer for well-doing, then for evil-doing
It is the responsibility of every Christian to share the Good News with those with whom God brings
us into contact. We practice person sharing about Christ and inviting friends to church.